Company History & Description
Benefits include both company-sponsored and employee-contributed programs such as:
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Group life insurance
- Term life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Credit Union membership
Our US Headquarters located in RIDC Park West (off of 376 West). If you are looking for growth in yourself and through the company you work with as well as a place where you can make a difference by serving others, please keep reading!
Current Job Openings
We are currently recruiting for the following positions: Electrical Controls Designer. Please see below for further details on these positions.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to Tarrah Myers, HR Manager at Myers.Tarrah@prominent.com
Electrical Controls Designer. If you are looking for growth in yourself and through the company you work with as well as a place where you can make a difference by serving others, please keep reading!
Summary of Role:
This position is responsible for electrical control panel design for chemical feed and control systems used for water and wastewater treatment systems. Provide the customer with control panels that meet or exceed the UL508a guidelines as directed by the NEC.
- AutoCAD Electrical experience highly desired;
- PLC programming;
- Review consulting engineers’ drawings and specifications;
- Support Project Teams;
- Participate in Kickoff and Production Readiness meetings to ensure proper design and BOM’s for production of skids and panels;
- Provide pre-sale electrical drawings to consulting engineers and clients;
- Assist AE’s with quotes on custom control panels;
- Contribute to success of the engineering team
- Assist the panel shop and QC/testing;
- Act as liaison to UL for our UL508a panel shop;
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures;
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner;
- Accomplish goals, meet deadlines and objectives;
- Support Client, Company and Team;
- Maintains company confidentiality;
- Other duties as required to attain company goals.
- Education: Bachelors or Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronic Technologies;
- Minimum of five year’s field experience;
- Juggle multiple projects, in different stages, at the same time;
- Strong interpersonal skills with sales, technical and non-technical people
- Experience with the NEC, motor controls, fractional HP DC and AC drives, RLL, PLC’s, and process loop controllers;
- PLC program development and software knowledge (AB is most common);
- Occasional travel to plants for startup;
- Ability to work and solve problems on your own or as a team;
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to analyze mechanical and electro/mechanical system failures and to work with schematic drawings;
- Excellent understanding of electronics and electrical circuit boards;
- Experience with AUTOCAD Electrical for design per UL508a and the NEC;
- Thorough knowledge of the NEC and UL508a standard.