Tomal® metering system for powdered active carbon (PAC)
5-50 kg/h of dry PAC with a re-dilution of 3-5 m3/h and a final concentration of max. 1%
Conventional waste water treatment cannot adequately remove trace elements, such as medication or cosmetic residue, from the waste water. This is particularly effective using the complete system for the precise metering of powdered active carbon (PAC).
Effective elimination of micro-contaminants as the last stage of waste water treatment – efficient, precise and reproducible
The special metering system consists of the Tomal® Big Bag emptying unit, the powder storage tank and the Tomal® multi-screw feeder. This meters the powdered active carbon by volume and in a reproducible manner with excellent precision. Unlike gravimetric metering systems, this technology requires no error-prone, maintenance-intensive weighing equipment.
The Big Bag is lifted into the carrier frame by a forklift. The outlet connection is released and it is fed into the powder funnel. The multi-screw feeder meters the PAC into the wetting cone at the same time as the treatment water. The PAC suspension is supplied to the metering point at a max. back pressure of 1 bar via the Venturi water ejector.
Features and Benefits
- Economical thanks to volumetric metering – no over-metering
- Maximum reproducibility
- Dust-free metering
- Better than 1% precision
Field of application
The following list is a general representation of basically suitable applications for this product. Please contact your personal representative to discuss the use of the product in your individual application.
- Municipal waste water treatment
- Big Bag frame made of normal steel into which Big Bags are lifted by a forklift truck
- Vibrator for reliable discharge of PAC from the Big Bag
- Tomal® multi-screw feeder type 405, made of normal steel, output: max. 50 kg/h, linear discharge curve, dosing precision ±1 % with constant bulk material density. Self-cleaning feeder screws. Power end: Nord gear motor, 0.25 kW, 230/400 V, IP 55
- Rotary indicator with empty level display, installed in the feeder
- Stainless steel wetting cone with inspection flap, inlet/outlet and overflow connections
- Fittings for treatment water
- Venturi injector
- Surface treatment, on the outside of the frame, powder funnel and feeder: sand-blasted SA 2 1⁄2. 100 µm 2-component primer hematite epoxy. 50 µm 2-component top coat, acrylic. Welds on the wetting cone: blasted with glass pellets
- Electrical equipment, including ABB PLC Programmable Logic Controller comprising a control cabinet with housing made from lacquered steel, internal wiring
- Test run before despatch in our factory
- Configuration in accordance with SS-EN 60204-1
- Supply voltage: 3 x 400/230 V, 50 Hz
- Control voltage: 24 VDC
- Dust-free connector for Big Bags
- Dust filter with blower
- Mixing tank in place of wetting cone
- Silo for filling by truck in place of frame for Big Bags. Frame for Big Bags and stainless steel multi-screw feeder
Downloads for Tomal® metering system for powdered active carbon (PAC)
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.